- Requires version:
- Distributed under license:
- Download from
link to download the plugin
- Plugin homepage
- Rami Kattan
<rkattan (at) gmail (.) com>
<eoin.pops (at) gmail (.) com>
- Supported domain:
- This is the webmail support for @gmail.com mailboxes.
To use this plugin you have to use your full email address as the user name
and your real password as the password.
Adding some parameters at the end of the username gives the ability to download
email from different folder and/or labels, and export the contacts in CSV format.
Check "Supported parameters" for more details about the available parameters.
When the email client issues the command to delete some messages (because in its
options it is set to delete messages from the server [after x days]), if checked the
inbox folder, the email will be moved to the archive (folder "all"), while if you checked the
spam folder, the email will be moved to the trash folder, else it will only be marked
- Supported parameters:
- Used for selecting the folder to operate on (inbox is the default one).
The standard folders are: inbox, starred, sent, all, spam, trash.
Here is an example of a username to get the email from the starred folder:
If you created custom labels in gmail, you can access them using
the label parameter label=name.
- Parameter is used to force the plugin to only download a maximum number of messages.
- Parameter is used to turn on IMAP for the account. If set to 1, the plugin will enable IMAP access on
the user's account during the QUIT command.
- Parameter is turn on forwarding for the account. If set with an email address, the settings will be updated
to enable the user's settings to forward messages to the supplied address.
- Used for selecting the labels to operate on.
Here is an example of a username to get the email from the label Friends:
- Possible values:
- export: Exports your gmail contacts into a file called
gmail_contacts_export.csv that will be saved in your home (Unix)
or in the My Documents directory (Windows), that can be imported
into your email client.